Thursday, July 24, 2008

Plant-raped.

I saw the trailers. I went ooo. I went ahhh. But M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening" still ended as a disappointment.



I'm not much of a shyamalan fan but this movie's got one heck of a trailer, I'll tell you that. One of the most annoying things I find in movies these days is how they just jump straight into the everything with no buildup whatsoever. In this one, you load the dvd, you press play, you see blue skies and BANG some girl in a park just felt like having a hairpin up her neck. Like, wtf? At least give us SOMETHING to base that shit on. And the dialog, god, why not just do the ever hilarious retard talk and get it over with?

But amidst the lolable madness, there WERE a few bits which were refreshingly disturbing. Soldier kid pwning himself, madam creepy ramming her already mutilated face into windows, body-mowing :D well, maybe it's worth 2 bucks out of the 6 but still, simply put, The Happening:- ugly betty in a million-dollar dress.

This mess effin deserves a sad 5/10.


Quote of the day: "It's happening."

No comments: