Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SWISHHH~

Wootz! Sem 1 is officially ovaaarrrrr!!! Now I've got a month to grab some cash and blow it all on breathers and god knows what other shit. :B I'll most probably be selling cams at saberkas for every friggin day of the month so hit me up if you're ever there lol.

"Do not judge a book by it's cover"?

I usually find those words to be as true as my claim that pigs fly but it kinda fit this here movayyy (passed to me by azuar the more than weird lect)...



While the title EQUILIBRIUM may sound cool enough, I have to say it's got a pretty cheap-lookin intro... The main character, preston (played by christian bale), tries to act badass throughout the whole thing. And the fancy moves ze 'clerics' (lmao) do with their guns make them look as if they can be taken out with a pea-shooter from a distance... Ohoh and the ending sucked for me btw. Made me think of ghostrider...

But all that aside, was it really that bad? I can't honestly say that it was. Definitely worth my 5 bucks on a movie day but that's not saying much is it? The whole concept of the emotions of them peops being controlled by this prozium shit really is pretty deep. And the all favourite weapons-up-the-sleeves trick makes me feel like watching angel again hahax. Then there's the better than average dialog too~ Here's one of my fav lines in the beginning (done by one-of-preston's soon-to-be-departed partners):

"But I being poor... Have only my dreams... I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams..."

Now that, ladies and gents, is what you call deep. I'd gladly give this... what? 7.5/10? Sure.


Quote of the day: "This was 'analy-tically' drawn."

1 comment:

ainiation said...

You went to the movies with Azuar? -___-;; Or did he just introduced the movie to you?

LOL, more like analy-tickle xD